Insurance protects you and your assets in the case of loss, injury or damage: either cause by you or someone else. Having ample and reliable insurance coverage is a very important component of auto ownership: You don’t want to experience money problems when you are already going through the trauma of an accident. Auto insurance usually consist of the following:
- Liability – in case you are found at fault
- Collision – in the event of your car is damaged by a collision
- Comprehensive – if your car is damaged by anything other than collision
But additional protection may include:
- Medical Payments if you have to pay on an injury for yourself or a passenger
- Emergency Road service if you are ever stranded in your vehicle
- Uninsured Motorist Protection—because even though the law says auto insurance is mandatory, that doesn’t mean that everyone will have it.